Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Sunday Scale - Issue 01

Well, Sunday is weigh in day and I am happy to report that I am down 2.2lbs from last week.  I am down to a svelte 184.0 lbs.  Still really really chunky, but somehow when you are on the downward weight trend and you go to bed with your stomach growling every night, you feel skinny.  Hey, I'll take the motivation wherever I can get it.  Even if it is false.

With as hard as I've been working on it, I am glad I saw the scale budge.  WEE HAW!!!!!

So to celebrate, I asked David to go get me some Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie.  He is literally out driving to the grocery store right this second as I type this.  What am I thinking?????  So I tried his cell phone a million times and he isn't answering it.  I need to stop him.  I cannot do all this work and undo it in one weak moment stuffing my face with the sweetness of B&J's.  Dang it.  He is going to walk in the door any moment with a pint of crack.  And I am now going to have to resist it while it's in my house.  I'm going to feed it to the kids tomorrow before I have a chance to eat it.  OMG.  This sucks.

Here he is.

I.
Will.
Be.
Strong.

Dinner tonight was a great new healthy recipe find.  I can't take the credit because I got the recipe off Pinterest from a blog I love to read, Mama Laughlin.  But I am going to repost it here because it was really good (for being as healthy as it was).  Click the link below for the recipe.  It's only 294 calories per serving.


Mama Laughlin's Skinny Enchilada Lasagna



MAJOR CHICKEN TIP - Maybe everybody already knows this, but I feel like I made it up.  I think I am a genius for it, so I thought I'd share.  To shred chicken for soups, casseroles or chicken salad, I first bake or boil the chicken and then effortlessly shred it with a touch of a button by putting it in the blender.  We use a Vita-Mix.  Just put it on the lowest setting and it shreds it super-fine and even.  So easy and gets it smaller than anything I could ever do with a knife.  This is how I did the chicken for the Skinny Enchilada Lasagna.


Welp, that's it for today.  I am so grateful for this blog.  Without it, I'd be eating ice cream right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment